Another update on the tying up of loose ends process that is our chaos right now :):
- A guest book, white please. Thanks mom!
- Pen for guest book, white.
- Beads to go in the bottom of vases, also white please.
- Mints/other white candy to go inside of our favor boxes. Gluten-free if possible. Thanks mom!
- Tulle fabric for use as a garland, white.
- Arch or other sort of backdrop.
- Wedding photography services. Thanks Sister Katich!
- Music services.
- Hair and makeup services for Ashley. Thanks Brother Christensen!
- Cupcakes, enough for the party with one batch gluten-free (in lieu of wedding cake). Thanks mom!
- Cupcake tower to display the cupcakes. Thanks mom!
- Christmas trees (can we borrow your fake tree for the day?)
- Dry cleaning– Ashley wants to clean the second-hand dress before the big day.
- Dress alterations– the neckline is too low as-is. The skirt is full and made of tulle, the body is corseted. Ashley wants to add some white, gathered tulle to the top of the too low neckline. If you’ve seen Renaissance Fair dresses which have a corseted dress with a full skirt and a ruffle on the neckline… that’s what she’s going for.
- Suit alterations– Randy’s suit top fits him, but the pants are too big and too long.
So, our big day is fast approaching and we’re not ready!!! Mom has really stepped up and helped us out with some of the things on our list including a guest book, cupcakes and a way to display the cupcakes. She’s also collecting contributions towards a romantic get-away for us in lieu of wedding presents. We already have most of the things couples receive as wedding presents, including dishes, silverware and small appliances. Combining our silverware collections has actually forced us to start a second silverware drawer since Randy’s possessions arrived from Texas this fall. But as bountiful we are in silverware, we’re as barren in the ability to procure ourselves a short stay at a local hotel and a couple’s massage that we think would make a nice honeymoon. Thanks mom for helping us plan our big day and for ensuring we have a little bit of away time together to start the next phase of our lives off together.
To help us on this home-stretch of Ring Ceremony and Wedding Reception planning, we’ve set up an RSVP service. If you’re planning to attend, please let us know. We don’t want to make too many or too few cupcakes! The RSVP address is: http://andrews.eventbrite.com/.
Sister Clark emailed me back and let me know that she has received an amazing Christmas present from her hubby… a trip to Costa Rica!! Good for her, not so good for us. We’re back to needing a pianist. Let me know if you or someone you know can help us out with that!
Time is really flying by. 🙂 It’s almost here… OMG!